Wednesday, April 6, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

 Gary has talked about having a garden this year.  Groceries are so expensive and we have all of this land.  I remind him that we also have large rabbits, a ton of birds, at least 10 deer, geese, armadillos and multiple other varmints roaming around at night.  And, I am usually thinking to myself  (I don't say it out loud to him)  how he will not get out there and work a garden.  He has radio control airplanes to fly, houses to build, meetings to attend.  He dreams of things like........
CHERRY TOMATOES

RED RADISHES
WHITE RADISHES

and, I think of bulbs that will bloom one day!

Don't those all look wonderful!  We have such a green thumb!  Well, actually, all of these are inside our house.  I pull them out every year in the Spring to make us look like we have green thumbs. 
I like to keep our island seasonal and it is large enough to have all those pots on there along with various other things.  Everyone that comes into my house asks if the tomatoes are real. 

I did feel the Spring in the air a couple of Saturdays ago and made the trek to Lowes and planted my garden.

RED BELL PEPPERS AND BANANA PEPPERS
Two plants total.

EARLY GIRL TOMATO
with three blooms already
BIG BOY TOMATO

Not sure this was exactly the garden my husband was dreaming of, but it will be all I want to take care of.  Four plants to be exact in the flower bed right off of my screened porch.  There won't be any need to pull the old canner out of the closet.  But we will have fresh tomatoes and peppers one day if the birds don't enjoy them first.

Have a Blessed day!




No comments:

Post a Comment