Friday, April 8, 2011

Do You Need a Boost?

Do you have trouble getting good cell phone service in your home?  Do you have AT&T cell service?  Well we sure have that problem!  When we built out home, we used foil backed decking on the roof and the walls.  The utility bills are great, but the cell service was terrible.  If you called us on our cell phones, we either had to go outside or ask that you call us back on our home phones.  Sometimes I had to resend text messages up to 10 times to get them to work and the phone had to be in certain areas of the house.  Sooooo annoying!

Yesterday we got a letter in the mail from AT&T offering us a free product to correct this problem.  Free?  Made me skeptical so I went on a hunt to see what the catch was.  Turns out, there was NO catch.  It really was free and there was no monthly charge for it.  All I had to do was take the letter into my AT&T store and they would give me this product.  I don't know why or how we were chosen to get this product for free, but I am certainly glad we were!  It is call the  3G Microcell.
It hooks into you wi-fi or internet service.  You have to be on high speed internet.  I opened that letter about 3:45 yesterday afternoon and by the time night fall came, Gary had it installed in our home.  Simple installation.  Just a couple of cords to plug in.  It is amazing.  We are like normal people now.  We can sit on the couch and talk on our cell phones!  The only negative that I can see is that if YOU come to my house and want to use YOUR cell phone, it still will not work well.  It will only work for up to 10 REGISTERED phones.  You go online and register the numbers you want and those phones will have the boosted service.  But hey, how many times are you at my home wanting to use your cell phone?  If you come to see me more often, I will add you to my list of registered phones.  :)

Hope this helps someone out there with the same problem that we had. 

Have a Blessed day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment