Thursday, March 11, 2010

Very Important People

Got my office repainted this week.  What a difference that makes!  I will post pictures when it is totally finished.  But, while I was moving things around I came across this picture.  Do you recognize these people?
Yep!  One is Whitney and the other one is none other than Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates.  He was the president of Texas A&M while Whitney was going to school there.  This picture gets more impressive over time since both people in the picture are achieving more and more in their lives! ha  (One is in Washington D.C. and the other is teaching in Hazen, Ar.  Both are involved in wars of their own kind! ha)  Another thing about Whitney's graduation was that the speaker was Barbara Bush.  She is so funny and entertaining.  I love hearing her speak.  If was a fun and cold weekend and needless to say, Gary and I are very proud of our daughter.  Thanks for letting me reminisce.  On May 8th, we will be attending another graduation where Whitney will be getting her masters!  Wonder if we can top this one? 

1 comment:

  1. Wars of our own, hahahahahahaha.

    UCA vs. A&M...that speaks for itself :)

    ReplyDelete