Saturday, November 3, 2012

Repurposed

I know the trend today is white and light and old. I love this in pictures, but in reality, I love color and my house reflects this. I also love new furniture and new accessories but more than that, I love different and unique.
This week I got to go to what I think must be the world's largest flea market in Canton, Texas. At least it had to be the world's busiest flea market. Surely you were there! It seemed like the entire world had to be there. The highlight of the trip was seeing Laurie Anna's Vintage Home's new expansion. Yes, she got most of my money this trip. We managed to go there twice in one day. If you are not familiar with her, visit www.laurieannas.com. It is a truly amazing store.
But the real find was from one of the more junk type dealers in the actual flea market. It had color and was just what I was looking for, even though I had no clue what it was when I found it. I had bought some 4' stems from Pottery Barn and Parkhill Interiors and needed something unique to hold these stems. When I saw this, I knew it was just what I needed and it was just the right color.



Do you recognize the container? It is an old grain auger - used to keep the grain dry.
It actually has the fan still in the bottom. Not sure how it was suppose to work and I am sure my son-in-law would have some of these around his farm and grain bins, but I knew I had to buy this one when I saw it. Surely he wouldn't have red ones.
I love to discover a unique find that works into my house so perfectly.



So much fun! What have you repurposed lately? What makes your house unique? Oh, the joy of decorating!
Have a Blessed day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment