Monday, May 16, 2011

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

For those of you who live in Texarkana, have you been to the Mixing Bowl?  It is one of my favorite stores - one of those stores where you can find any kitchen gadget and I love kitchen gadgets. One thing I bought my dear 83 year old mother was something that looked like a plastic tomato.  It is made to store left over tomato.  Since my mother lives alone and eats salad almost daily, I thought she would love that.  She told me today she was storing 1/2 of her apple in it as well as tomatoes.  (not at the same time...ha)

My latest find was the small bundt pans.

One recipe makes two cakes.

Those are on small plates so don't be deceived.  I used my mother's recipe for Cream Cheese Pound Cake and made two.  One we had for Mother's Day with strawberries and fresh whipped cream and one got frozen for a weekend of camping.  It is a simple recipe and doesn't take pounds of butter like most pound cake recipes.  I thought you might enjoy having the recipe.  Yes, you definitely can make one large cake, but the two small ones were fun!

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

1 yellow butter cake mix
1 - 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs
Vanilla

Cream together cream cheese, butter and water.  Beat until smooth.  Add cake mix.  Blend.  Add oil and sugar.  Blend.  Add eggs one at a time mixing in between each one.  Add vanilla.  Pour into greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.

I also used a sugar free cake mix and substituted Splenda for the sugar with this same recipe and it turned out just as good.  That works great for anyone who may need to watch their sugar intake. 

A good way to spruce up a cake mix and an easy recipe for those of you who are not used to baking.  Enjoy!

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment