Monday, February 22, 2010

Spring Has Sprung....well not really

Here is a picture of my island for spring.  I know it is cold and spring is really NOT just around the corner, but I went ahead and put my things out - well at least my new things that I had bought.  I found all the pots with the veggies growing in them (fake) at market on one trip from a place that was moving their location.  I was able to buy these pots and bring them home with me.  The darling little metal bunnies I found at the cutest store in Sulphur Springs, Texas on the way to Dallas.  My suggestion to you is always have at least one place in your house (kitchen, dining table, bar, entry, entertainment center - somewhere) that you can change with the seasons or holidays.  Take down some of the old and put out the seasonal.  After the season is gone, bring out the old again and it will seem new to you once again.  Your husband may or may not notice (or at least may not say they notice), but subliminally, it will tell them you are proud of your home and always want it to look fresh.  Men work hard for what they provide for their families.  I know you may work too, but men have this ultimate feeling of being responsible for the family.  Keep the house looking fresh, clean and cheerful as well as keeping yourself that way.  They like to be able to say look at my wife or look at my belongings......I have done good.  I know it takes two these days to have nice things and it can't be done without you in most cases, but let them feel like they have accomplished this for themselves and give them something to be proud of.  My mother always taught me to get up first thing every morning and get my self presentable to the world.  Your husband will be happier and who knows, an opportunity may come up and you will be ready to go! 
Have a Blessed day!

4 comments:

  1. Your daughter is still working on this getting up and getting herself presentable business...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your generation has this problem. Where did we go wrong? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so maybe our husbands don't notice changes in decor AND they don't notice that we roll out of bed and lounge around in our pj's with mascara smeared across our face, sleepy in the corner of our eyes and hair pulled up on top of our head in a messy bun. ohh how i wish... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!!!! and i'm with whitney ... unless i'm going to school or church, the whole getting presentable thing is totally not happening. glad you got your spring-y stuff out ... i've been itching to do mine since i put up the valentine pretties!

    ReplyDelete